Welcome to Indie World Media home to GangstavilleRadio.com, GangstavilleTv.com, MixtapeGorillaz.com, KingdomLifeRadio.com and WeGetYaHeard.com
- Our Privacy Principles
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Your information
- How We Share Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technology
- Your Choices and Controls
- Contact Information
Our Privacy Principles
Information We Collect
All the personal information we collect is related to providing the Platform and its features and falls into three general categories:
- Information you provide to us
- Information collected automatically
- Information we obtain from third parties
Information You Provide
We ask for and collect the below personal information when you use the Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and giving our users the best experience, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between us and you. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and features of the Platform.
You don’t need to register for a SoundCloud account in order to visit or use our Platform. However, certain Services require that you register for an account and, by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information:
- Account Information – When you register any of our platform, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook or Google and don’t give your permission to share it, your age, and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Subscription or service, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address, and payment verification information.
- Profile Information – you may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator)
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those pages
- your gender if you wish to provide it
- any additional information you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself
- Communications – When you communicate with Indie World Media by email or through the Platform, or use the Platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Survey Information – If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information You Post – You may provide personal data when you upload material to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information – We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, including the pages that you visit and links you click on, streaming, offline listening or downloading tracks, uploading or recording tracks, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing a sound with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, performing a search, the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform, and whether you interact with email messages, for example, if you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Log Data – We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform, even if you have not registered for an account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Platform (including links to third party sites or services), Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, your browser type and operating system, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Platform.
- Location Data – When you use certain features of the Platform, we may collect data about your general location (e.g. IP address). We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and personalized content). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings.
- Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about device itself, such as the hardware model, operating system, IP addresses, cookie information, device settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers, apps installed, browser type, language, battery level and time zone. Apple’s iOS Advertising Identifier (IDFA) and Google’s Android Advertising ID are examples of device identifiers. This information allows us to recognize and associate your activity, and provide personalized content and advertising, consistently across all of your devices.
- Software Development Kits – We may use third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Platform. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
- Widget – Other websites may integrate widgets; when you visit a website with a widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the website you visited. the widget may be able to recognize you, and in some cases the widget may be used to show personalized content. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information as well.
Information From Third Parties
- Single-Sign Ons – If you sign up for on our platform through a third party application like Facebook or Google, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials, and other information available through the third party application account, including the following information:
- Service Providers and Business Partners – We may also receive information about you from our service providers and business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management (e.g. to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you, including for Indie World Media products) account management, hosting, customer and technical support, and other services which we use to personalize your experience.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing and subject to the choices you make in your Settings.
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Platform
- To operate and maintain your account, and to provide you with access to and use of the Platform. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- If you purchase a Subscription, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and renewals and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Indie World Mediaalso complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other suspicious activity.
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- To improve your experience on the Platform by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
- To customize the content and measure performance of any email, push notification, or in-app message we may send to you.
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Indie World Media or its partners.
- Use automated systems and decision making to profile user characteristics and infer preferences based on information that you provide to us, your interactions with the Platform and content, your profile information, and information obtained from third parties. This data is used to create groups of users, called segments, who share similar characteristics and interests; we use segments to serve personalized content, advertising, and marketing messages. We also use automated systems to associate your activity over time across devices, and may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID, in order to determine that certain devices are related to each other and provide you with a personalized experience across devices and platforms.
- Ads are more effective when they are shown to people who are likely to be interested in the product or service advertised. For this reason, we use the information we collect and receive to help us select which ads to show you on behalf of advertisers. This includes information you choose to provide to us (e.g. age and gender) and make available to us when you interact with the Platform (e.g. by listening, liking or creating playlists), as well as general location data. We may also display ads based on the page you’re on or content you have recently viewed, searched, or listened to. This allows us to show you ads that will likely be more relevant and interesting to you.
- When we engage third party services such as ad-networks and exchanges that enable us showing you targeted ads, we may also allow them to collect certain information such as cookie data and device identifiers. That information is used to synch or match users to segments and serve targeted advertising, including based on device activity, inferred interests, and general location information.
- Combine information we collect about you with information from business partners and use it to serve more relevant advertising.
We may use your data for other purposes, provided we disclose the purposes and use to you at the relevant time, and provided that you consent to the proposed use of your personal data.
- Aggregated Data – We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we render in such a way that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other pseudononimized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- Third Party Applications – If you choose to connect your account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook and Google+ you may be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. Content that you share with Facebook will appear on your timeline and in your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. Content you share with Google will be seen by the people from your Google+ circles when they visit your Google+ profile, make relevant Google searches, on Google-served ads, and the services selected in your Google account settings. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your account. Indie World Media is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. For information on how to control the information that you share, and how to disconnect your account from these apps, please see the Your Choices and Controls section below.
- Protecting our Rights – We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors, officers, or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Indie World Media community.
- To Our Affiliates – To enable and support us in providing the Platform and Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within the Indie World Media. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Platform globally.
Cookies and Similar Technology
SoundCloud maintains technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information we collect or store. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the Platform and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.